GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Temporary Bliss

Temporary Bliss - B.J. Harvey 3-3.5 stars I don't know. I felt like Mac was too much. The books starts off with her being young and in an unhealthy relationship then we jump to 4 years later where she's this sexually liberated woman, BUT we don't see how that complete 180 came about. Sometimes she sounded like an oversexed teenage girl and not the 24 yr old, stronger and wiser woman she was supposed to be. It was a bit cringy at times. I also really didn't like the backtracking with the other lovers (there's no cheating, just flashbacks) I felt like maybe we should have gone through all of that first before she met Daniel. It didn't help in terms of me liking her because I didn't want to read about her with other men when I was trying to warm up to the idea of her and Daniel being a couple. So I started skipping the flashbacks. I got the point the author was trying to make, but I think she should have adjusted the timeline a bit.

The best thing about the book was that it was HOT! Daniel especially, just swoon! I am intrigued by the past lovers and their stories as well. Overall, not a bad read.