GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Knocked Up by the Bad Boy

Knocked Up by the Bad Boy - Vanessa Waltz 3.5-4 stars The first chapter of this book was like BOOM!! I love a jerk and Johnny was giving me the tingles! I could see how he might rub people the wrong way. Dirty mouth and wicked mind, oh I was loving it. But... I don't think the author allowed enough room to turn him around and by the time you were supposed to see his change of heart, I had a hard time believing he was sincere... or maybe he never really was? He just seems like that guy who would still probably keep a mistress on the side at some point down the road. *shrugs*

There were also few inconsistencies that another round with a proofreader would have probably caught. For example, in one scene Maya was wearing a dress then later on when she was leaving she tucked his card into her jeans pocket? Huh? Did she bring a change of clothes? At one point Johnny blindfolded her then later on she was looking into his eyes? When the did the blindfold come off? Little stuff like that was sprinkled about.

Overall, it packed a punch. The grittiness of the MC and the danger of the mafia were done well. It makes me want to read the rest of her stuff.