GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Promises Hurt

Promises Hurt - Elle Brooks 4.5 stars! Just wow!

*ARC provided to G the Book Diva blog in exchange for an honest review*

I started this read thinking it was going to be an average high school romance type of read. WRONG! I was crying by 5%!!
 photo fair_zps13334aee.gif

NOTE: Don't listen to this on text-to-speech while driving, it's hard to wipe tears and swerve through traffic at the same time.

I don't mean the cool kind of swerving either...
 photo swerve_zps477a6b2a.gif

I'm talking about the idiot kind of swerving...
 photo dope_zps4f123ad2.gif

Seriously, though. There was a lot of depth to the characters and while we are talking about 18 year old high school seniors, they are wise beyond their years. They have no choice given the cards that life has dealt them both. I could completely sympathize with both Ethan and Blair, I liked them together and I also felt the love between them. I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to more!