GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Just Breathe

Just Breathe - Tamara Mataya 3.5-4 stars!

*ARC provided to G the Book Diva blog in exchange for an honest review*

This was an ok read for me. It didn't rock my world but the story line kept me interested. This was a case of opposites attract. Elle is a librarian and recovering pothead. Dominic is a wealthy lawyer who loves to read. Sparks fly the moment they meet in Elle's library.

He's all "What books do you recommend?"
 photo flirty_zpsd633de28.gif

and she's all "Do you like Coupland?"

photo flirt_zps3300650c.gif

Mind you, Elle is full of insecurities due to the crappy way her ex-boyfriend broke things off with her. It doesn't help that Dominic has a very busy work schedule and he's not exactly forthcoming with details about his life. Even still they try to make a relationship between them work but blatant secrets and omissions of the truth can do a lot of damage to their fragile beginning.

photo lies_zpsf21a7673.gif

Honestly, Elle bothered me the most. I found her very odd and a bit judgmental. I was also thrown off by how quirky and nerdy she seemed when we were in her head yet she behaved like any other girl when interacting with Dominic. I would have liked her quirkiness to show more with Dominic. It would have helped me understand why she was so special to him. Anyway, this is still a story worth reading.