GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Forever with You

Forever with You - Laurelin Paige 4 stars

This was my face the moment I found out the man I had been crushing on for two books was a lying a-hole!

no he didn't photo: Oh no he didn't tumblr_lv4zryVXiy1qezntd.gif

Damn you, Hudson! I never say it coming but in retrospect it was inevitable! I was crushed for both him and Alayna!

My favorite thing about this series was the fact that both people had issues. The ones that can't be completely cured with counselling and medication. The ugly urges buried deep into the subconscious of all of us. The tendencies to stalk and obsess, although most of us stop ourselves before we ever go through with it. Hudson and Alayna don't because they can't. They know this about each other and there is something comforting about being with someone who understands you and accepts you. Hell, Hudson likes it when Alayna stalks and obsesses over him. Don't we all? Just a tiny bit?

"Meanwhile, you should know that I hate you a little."
"You do not. You love me."
I shrugged. "Same thing."
Alayna speaking to Hudson.

Oh, yes there is a thin line between love and hate. There is even a thinner line between love and obsession. I found myself wanting Alayna to stop obsessing but at the same time agreeing with her! Her mind would travel to dangerous places but damn if I couldn't fault a lot of her feelings. Now would I have gotten on to a crowded elevator at Hudson's office building with the strategy of not pushing the button and deciding that if the elevator lands on his floor it was meant to be. And because I was feeling insecure about our relationship and couldn't stay away from him I keep riding it for while until it actually does go to his floor. No but I understand why. Also, would I have gone to his apartment and snooped around, rolled on his bed, smelled his pillows and body wash because this time we were broken up and I missed him. No but I can understand the urge. What separates me from her is that I would have stopped myself. She knew it was wrong but she didn't care enough to stop. The urge to go was stronger.

A really entertaining story that all somehow worked out in the end. Two imperfect people merging their issues and sharing some of the hottest sex I've read in a while! Whew!

Favorite line:
"Have you thought about children of your own?"
"I'd probably fuck them up."
"Would you like to fuck them up with me?"
"Yes. I'd love too."
"Good."
Hudson speaking to Alayna.

And that sounds like another trilogy waiting to happen in twenty years! LOL! Good series although book 3 was a bit slow at first. Overall, I'm a fan and can't wait for the spin off with Gwen!