GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Veiled Innocence

Veiled Innocence - Ella Frank 4.5 stars!

Recommended for teacher/student (of age) romance lovers.

photo 881acf18-3328-48cf-bb89-087d7a28a48e_zps9cdae3ae.jpg

This was definitely something different. You never know what Ella Frank is going to do from one book to the next. There was a lot of beauty and symbolism this story. Veiled Innocence is about the forbidden affair between a student and teacher as well as the repercussions. While technically Addison is 18 years old, it’s still against to the rules. These two find each other at rough times in their lives and although being together is wrong on so many levels, a fact that Grayson knows full well, it’s tough to resist.

“…and that sassy smirk was definitely aimed my way and yes-I was fucked. With a capital fucking F.”

I mean Addison went after Grayson hard. As in crazy, inappropriate stalker pursuit. He was her obsession, her target, her fixation and she wasn't shy about letting him know it! NOT. SHY. AT. ALL!

“How the fuck could any red-blooded man look away from that.”

At the end of the day, he’s a mere mortal who can only resist her blatant advances for so long. I really did kind of feel bad for him but… only a little.

“Coming here tonight had been a terrible idea, and now that I was seated in the bleachers tempted by my own personal version of Eve, I knew, if offered, all I had to do was bite.”

Really, the only thing left for Grayson to at this point and especially after that night was to just let it happen.

photo ready_zpsf66a4787.gif

Honestly, I had a hard time connecting with Addison in the beginning. She was so screwed up in the head (understandably so) that I didn’t know whether to smack her or give her a hug. This was my reaction to things she did for the better part of the book…

photo what_zps7cd5a8a4.gif

I couldn't understand sometimes. Now, I might not have always agreed with Grayson but at least I found myself sympathizing with him. The back and forth between past and present seemed a little long and I think I kind of missed the point of some of that and the buildup it was creating.

Why not 5 stars?
I really didn't care for Addison, although it became easier to accept her by the end. Overall, there was something eerie about the whole story that never quite settled into the right pocket for me.

Visit my blog to enter Ella Frank's huge giveaway!!

www.gthebookdiva.com