GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Remembering Joy

Remembering Joy - Jenni Moen 4 stars!

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I felt really bad for this book at first. I'd just finished Try by Ella Frank and loved to hell out of that book. Usually, my next read after something like that doesn't get a fair chance because my expectations have been raised. Luckily, Remembering Joy was strong enough to hold it's own with me. I enjoyed it a lot!

Remembering Joy was a great story about two broken and unhappy people trying to live life after the devastating accident that destroyed them both. I knew from the very beginning that Adam was up to no good but I understood the drive that he had. I loved that Allie didn't make excuses for the things that she's done, she was very strong in that aspect. I respected that about her.

There were a few little things that irked me and kept me from giving it 5 stars. I felt the writing was choppy in the beginning which didn't allow me to connect with the story right away but it got progressively better or maybe I just got used to it. The last 30% or so really got my attention and boosted it's star rating. I like my love scenes to be more descriptive, it doesn't have to be down and dirty raunchy but enough to give to make me tingle. It was a shame to be so vague in those moments with someone as hot as Adam. But again not everyone needs or wants to got there with their writing and I respect that. Overall a good read!

For more reviews, book updates and other craziness visit our blog at http://www.rebelbookchicks.com/

Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/rebelbookchicks