GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

True Love Story

True Love Story - Willow Aster 5+++++ I loved this book. It is the story of Sparrow and Ian. Two people who continue to cross paths over a 5 year period where they share a lot of good times and some not so good ones too. The attraction between them is instant.

Sparrow’s thoughts of Ian… “You…are…trouble.”

Ian’s thoughts of Sparrow… “You’re going to break my heart, Sparrow Fisher.” And I think, Not before you break mine.-Sparrow.”

They learn that there is a steep age difference between them. Ian is an established singer/songwriter and rising rock star/ featured guitarist with other bands. Sparrow is just starting college. Their new relationship faces the struggles of constant separation, Ian is always traveling to different gigs around the country and Sparrow has to stay behind to finish school. There are many things Sparrow still is naive about and Ian's evasiveness doesn't help many of the ignored issues between them. All they know for sure is that they want to be together.

"I want Ian more than food or water. More than air.”- Sparrow

We learn in the first chapter that something has happened in their relationship to cause two years of separation between them…

"I sent him away. I’m mad that he went.- Sparrow"

They run into each other by chance at the airport and are about the board the same flight. Ian and Sparrow struggle with restraining those strong feelings of need for each other that have never gone away.

“He looks sleepy and obscene; I want to slap him and wrap my arms and legs around him and breathe his air…- Sparrow”

We do know that whatever happened between them was big!

“ I've never stopped loving you, Sparrow Fisher... I've never loved anyone but you.”
“It doesn't matter, Ian. Love…it means nothing at this point.”

Can their true love story end happily ever after or will we learn that sometimes love isn't enough?

My thoughts:

Ian is a heart breaker, and he had me at hello! I could relate to Sparrow’s naivety and how clueless she was about life. There were so many issues that needed to be discussed between them and it never occurred to her to ask questions until it was too late, which was frustrating. They were both blind and needed to grow and learn from their many mistakes, and oh man did they!