GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Hopeless

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover After reading Slammed and Point of Retreat and absolutely loving them I had very high expectations for Hopeless. I was not disappointed! Colleen Hoover is an amazing author! Anything she writes from now on is an automatic read for me! She has a gift for creating characters with real depth. She gets you to connect with them on such an emotional level that you really feel for them and their situations. Colleen is also awesome at taking a really painful subject and treating it with such respect and dignity. One million stars!!!!!

In Hopeless, Sky is a girl who lets boys sneak into her bedroom window at night for make out sessions. Despite the rumors from the "mean girls" at school she's never actually had sex with any of them, she's only experienced a numb feeling any time a boy touches her. That is until she meets Holder, a rumored bad boy at school. Their paths cross twice in the same day and it's as if fate wants them together but why? Sky soon starts to feel that Holder keeping something from her that is too painful for him to talk about but she can't figure out what it is. What Sky does know for sure is that Holder is the only boy to ever make her feel with just one touch things she never thought she could.

Sky and Holder have an instant, meant to be type of connection which I loved! As their story unravels you learn why what they have can't be denied.

"You know how I feel about you," he says. "You know how much I love you right. You know I would do what ever it takes to take away your pain, right?...I need that from you so fucking bad right now, Sky. I need to know you love me like that."

I can barely breathe after that...

"Keep them open," I whisper pulling away from his lips,... "I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart."

Then I think I passed out...

I felt every range of emotion throughout this story. It was intense, passionate, and steamy (Holder is SO HOT!) as well as shocking, heartbreaking, and upsetting.

"Will you promise me when he makes you sad that you will think about the sky? The sky is always beautiful, even when it is dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at."

Ugh, I could go on and on quoting this book! JUST GO READ IT!!!!