GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

The Mighty Storm

The Mighty Storm - Samantha Towle This book grabbed me right away! It starts out with a lot of anticipation/anxiety over Tru, a music journalist, who is about to interview her childhood best friend, now a famous rock star. Even though they lost touch when they were fourteen, she's been in love with him whole whole life. Will he even remember her and what will happen if he does? I mean she's been with her amazing boyfriend for two years now and she's happy with him...right? It was great! Jake Wethers is pure hotness!

"...black jeans...sleeveless, vintage '94 Nine Inch Nails 'Downward Spiral' T-shirt, with a guitar strapped pressed tight across it, the instantly recognizable tattoos in full show....He looks amazing. Beautiful. Just like the rock star he is."

Eeee! Jake is all of my favorite rock stars wrapped into one! He's been leading a self destructive rock star existence full of drugs and women then Tru reenters his life. He wants to change for her but can he? I love how much Jake loves Tru, it's like he's a drowning man and she's his life raft. Deeply and desperately.

“I’ve only ever loved one girl, Tru – and that’s you. It’s always been you. I loved you from the moment I knew how to love.”

Jake and Tru are both strong willed people who charged 100% full speed at each other in good and bad ways creating enough force to start a tornado or one mighty storm :) I'm so glad that a sequel is coming! I need more!