GwendolynGrace

Gwendolyn Grace Books

Vain

Vain - Fisher Amelie 4.5 Stars, a wonderful and unexpected story, it was even better that I had hoped!

Beautiful and vain Sophie Price reigns supreme over her friends, a bunch of rich, and over privileged snobs. She is their queen. Sophie finds pleasure in hurting others but her specialty is stealing boyfriends just for fun. After getting arrested one too many times for doing drugs at a party, she is sentenced to serve six months at an orphanage is Uganda.

Determined to not let this "punishment" get the best her of her, Sophie travels to Africa, head held high with her expensive, and ridiculously frivolous gear in tow. She is quickly introduced to the real world, the one that exists outside of her designer bubble. Adjusting to life in Africa was tough, to say the least.

When faced with bug infested shower stalls...

"Oh My God. I'm going to reek like a freak. I'm never going to shower."

There is also Dingane (Ian) a resident teacher, handy man, security guard and overall good guy and not mention smoking hot! He carries a strong dislike for Sophie and her spoiled ways and isn't shy about telling her.

"How can someone bug the shit out of you so much yet simultaneously cause you to want to know them intimately with your tongue.- Sophie

Sophie is surprised at how quickly her heart begins to melt at the hope and optimism around her of children who have suffered unspeakable things. She discovers for the first time ever that she cares about something more than her own needs.

"I wanted to be wanted and my word, did they want me."

Sophie must learn to love herself as fiercely as she loves those she would quickly give her life to protect. Her transformation is staggering to everyone, even herself.

"You are so gosh damn beautiful in here" he said, tapping my chest, "that what's here" he spoke, running his hand down my face, "is magnified tenfold, and that is a sight to behold."- Ian

Sophie Price will never be the same again and she couldn't be more pleased!

I loved Sophie's story. Ian is definitely swoon worthy! The children and everyone at the orphanage will forever have a place in my heart. How could they not? There is a valuable lesson to be learned and I am grateful to have learned it. Just knowing that situations like the one is this story exist in the world and that there are people like Charles, Karina and Ian who are willing to risk everything for those precious little lives is awe inspiring.

A good read, make sure you have lots of tissues!

ADD IN:

I loved the mention of Common's "Driving me wild" song. You can never have enough Common in your life!